Whole30 Costco Must Haves
WHOLE30 COSTCO! Everyone’s favorites big big big box store. This list will help you navigate the huge aisles of this magical place and keep on your Whole30 train. There are so many Costo Whole30 items available, I am so excited to share all this information with you! I also have a list for Amazon, Trader Joe’s, Thrive Market, Aldi, Target, Sprouts, Walmart and Ralphs/Kroger for you to get all of your shopping done!
- American BBQ Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken – These only have chicken, water and salt and are great to have on hand to throw in your lunch for the day or chop up for chicken salad!
- Dietz & Watson Organic Roasted Turkey Breast – Give it up for compliant deli meat! You can make a sandwich wrap with collard greens or even make a little sandwich on sweet potato toast.
- Kirkland Smoked Pulled Pork – This stuff is great in a pinch when you want pulled pork but don’t want to spend time slow cooking a pork butt. It is yummy to mix with compliant bbq sauce and serve on sweet potato toast or on a salad!
- Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage – my one true love. I’ve been using these since my first Whole30 over 2 years ago and they continue to be a staple in our fridge. With some scrambled eggs and avocado they make the perfect Whole30 breakfast!
- TWR Grass-fed beef junior franks and polish sausage – super clean ingredients and so perfect for quick protein!
- True Story Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage – These are great for sautéing with veggies for dinner or grilled to get a nice char and served with some bell peppers and onions.
- Wild Planet Tuna – Fabulous to have on hand for a tuna salad!
- True Story Organic Oven Roasted Sliced Chicken Breast – This is great to chop up into a chicken salad or just to throw on a salad.
- Framani Salt and Pepper Smoked Sausage – This is a fully cooked pork sausage that is great for breakfast and would be amazing in this dinner!
- Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock – great for soups or making pan sauces!
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil – I have a little oil dispenser I keep on my counter so I love buying this big bottle at Costco to fill it up! I pour this stuff on veggies to roast them, in a skillet to brown chicken and everything in between.
- Kirkland Organic Marinara Sauce – I just love marinara! I keep this stuff stocked for making my Cheesless Chicken Parm, Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese & Zucchini Noodles and just to pour on veggies or spaghetti squash as a sauce.
- Garlic Powder – We honestly just bought this while I was getting stuff for this haul because we ALWAYS have it in the house! I sprinkle garlic powder on my veggies every night and swear it just makes everything better – so this big Costco version is crucial.
Packaged Side Dish:
- Main St. Bistro Sea Salt & Black Pepper Oven Roasted Potatoes – The section filled with sides is packed with mostly longggg ingredient lists. But when I saw these I got so excited! Just potatoes, avocado oil, salt and pepper. They are already cooked so you just choose to either roast them or microwave to heat up!
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – There are a lot of coconut milks out there that are not compliant so go for this 6 pack at Costco and you will be set! I use it in my Curried Turkey Sloppy Joes in Sweet Potato Bowls, in my curry sauce or even in coffee!
- Kirkland Organic Unsweetened Almond Non-Dairy Beverage – Now I will be the first to tell you that I love to make my own nut milk and think it is the way to go for your whole30. But let’s be real, sometimes convenience is nice! This one has additives but all of them are compliant so it’s not a bad default to have in your pantry.
- Organic Wholly Guacamole Minis – Easy and quick, healthy fat that is flipping delicious!! I put these on taco bowls, my eggs in the morning and basically any and every meal.
- Organic Creamy Almond Butter – I love this big jar at Costco to spread on sweet potato toast, or to dip apples in for my sweet night time treat.
- Made in Nature Dried Mangoes – Whole30 Costco -I was hesitant putting these on because they can definitely be a food with no brakes and easy to rely on for a sugar fix. But if you can control it, I love adding a few chopped up to salad or having a couple with a meal. You have to know yourself and if you can handle them in the house though!
- Spindrift – I love that they have this 30 pack at costco now! They also have la croix but not always the flavors I like – this one has so much variety, which is perfect!
I hope you enjoyed these Whole30 Costco tips! Here are more lists of all of your Whole30 Must Haves!
We are participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these food items! I will be sure to get them next time I go to costco! Love your blog and am going to subscribe!
Thanks Charline!! I use all of these things consistently and they are such lifesavers!! Enjoy!
This is a great list! I see so many Paleo/Whole30 blog posts and most of the items are in hard-to-find specialty stores or at Whole Paycheck. These options are accessible and sound yummy!
Thanks Erin!! I totally agree! I never go to whole paycheck and you really don’t have to! I’ll be posted a Trader Joes list and a Ralph/Kroger list soon too! 🙂
Also the bags of avocados! I store them in the fridge and bring them out on the counter to ripen one at a time.
Oh good call!! I need to get on that one, thanks for the tip!!
So that actually works? I’m always trying to keep from losing avocados as fast as I do. It seems like they turn so quickly.
The Kirkland’s pulled pork has nitrites. 🙁
Oh what!! Does it say that on the packaging?!
Thank you for the pulled pork recipe! I just made it tonight (I don’t even like pork that much) but it was amazing! Also I looked up the whole30 guidelines and sodium nitrite is okay. It’s just a color enhancer.
Oh awesome!!! Yes that pulled pork is a life saver on Whole30!! Glad you enjoyed!
Nitrites are fine, but not recommended if you’re pregnant. They are in most smoked things, most hotdogs and most lunchmeat.
Yes it does! ☹️
Sodium nitrites and nitrates are acceptable for the program making the pork compliant.
Add the organic hard boiled eggs to this list. They are my go to for Whole30!
Oh really!! I am not a hard boiled kinda gal but good to know for my hubby!! 🙂
how did you warm the cauliflower for the rice? do you just bake it?
I cook it in a skillet until tender with some coconut oil!! Takes about 10 minutes on medium high heat!
DomLee Farms grass-fed Charbroiled Beef patties are also Whole30 compliant.
Oh yum, gotta find those!! Thanks!
Hey there, great list with recipes. The pulled pork sounds amazing! The chicken stock however has sugar cane and all sorts of other no nos in it. Still a go to product for me but a no no on the whole30. There is a beef stock they sell though that is a bit more compliant.
Hi Laura! Glad you like the list! And I think our Costco’s must have different chicken stocks, this is the ingredient list mine has: http://www.paleosonoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/chicken-broth-label.jpg
I checked the Kirkland chicken stock at mt. local Costco and it had cane sugar so be careful before buying if doing Whole 30
Oh shoot, mine doesn’t!! Good to know!
But my Cosco has chicken bone broth and it is compliant.
Made the pulled pork the way you suggested and it was off the hook Thank you!!
YAY!! Great to hear!
My Costco lifesavers this Whole30 have been Victoria White Linen spaghetti sauce (compliant and yummy and cheap enough to feed my whole family!) and Teton Waters Ranch grass feed beef sausages!
Oh great!! I will have to look for those!!
I took a special trip to Costco for these items and the first one I found, the broth, has cane sugar in it. Isn’t that not allowed on whole30?
Oh no! That is weird, mine doesn’t have sugar in it. They might be different in different states? Always good to double check ingredient lists!
Costco has a stir fry veggie bag that has saved me so many times for a super quick meal. Add your favorite meat and presto done!
Oh love it!! Thanks so much!
My Costco online order comes later this week with one item I agonized over: Made in Nature dried dates. A two-pack, yet. There’s a reason why the front of the package boasts “Oooo la la Luscious!!!” I’m on Day Five of my first Whole 30 venture and getting desperate for SOMETHING sweet. I’ll have to watch myself very carefully with these little sugar bombs, which I love. If I suddenly come to my senses standing in front of the pantry with date schmeer all over my face, I’ll have to be ruthless and give these away. Here’s hoping for the best.
You got this!!