Cheeseless Chicken Parm
This is the weeknight dinner everyone will love, Cheeseless Chicken Pharm quick, easy and delicious.
DAY 3 woop woop!! And what better way to get through this fog than with one of my favorite dishes, remixed to be grain-free & dairy-free?? Cheeseless Chicken Parm it is! My mom made Chicken Parmesan all the time when we were kids and it has always been such a fabulously comforting dish to me. The thick breading, mozzarella, parmesan and luscious marinara that wrap around the chicken breasts just fill your mouth with so much JOY!! But as I cut things out of my diet I realized the flavors I loved about the dish were mostly the sweet marinara, basil and perfectly cooked chicken. I was never a huge lover of processed cheeses that get all stringy anyways! So this chicken still has a fabulous breading but it is made of a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour and spices, instead of those super processed bread crumbs you can buy. Then the key is good marinara! I love the Kirkland Organic Marinara from Costco. I buy it in packs of 3 and it has super clean ingredients.
So I HIGHLY recommend you try this out and let me know how it goes! I am 95% sure everyone in your fam will love it and have no idea its uber healthy. First up, breading & browning in the pan! After pouring the marinara on top, you just bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
- Chicken breast
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Marinera sauce
Need to make some substitutes?
The best thing about this recipe is its adaptability. Use what you have on hand and add to it if you would like.
Feel free to swap the flours for whole wheat or regular flour. Easily add cheese to the top of the chicken before you bake it.
If you love this Dairy Free savory recipe we have a few more Dairy Free recipes for you to try:
This Cheeseless Chicken Parm is a delicious gluten free and dairy free version of chicken parmesan that you will love!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 oz. jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If chicken breasts are large, place them in a large ziplock bag and pound them until they have even thickness.
- Then place them on a plate and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper. In a large shallow bowl or large plate, combine almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, basil, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt & ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- On another large plate, crack 2 eggs and stir them well. Place a large skillet over high heat and add olive oil to the pan.
- Bread the chicken breasts by dipping each in the egg mixture and toss to coat, then into the almond flour blend, tossing to coat and shaking off any excess.
- Once all the chicken is coated, add them to the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side, just until slightly browned.
- In a 13 x 9 inch pyrex dish, add half of the jar of marinara sauce, then place chicken on top and coat them with the rest of the sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!