Spooky 7 Layer Dip
The kids can’t have all the fun on Halloween weekend, the parents needs fun food. Insert Spooky 7 Layer Dip the dip everyone will be double dipping.
Football Friday Week 7
We are still going strong with the Football Friday recipes, and this week we make it Halloween themed with a Spooky 7 layer dip. I am 100% behind the idea of having a dip recipe close by in case you get a last minute invite and you don’t want to come empty handed.
Usually most 7 layer dips are made in a 8×8 pan or 9×13 pan which means you have thick layers of each ingredient. This layer dip is made in a sheet pan which allows you to have thinner layers of each ingredients, this allows you to have a scoop of dip with all the layers on one chip. Now I’m not saying this is ground breaking idea but I am saying it’s the new proper way to make a dip.
If you are thinking how this is a Halloween themes recipe well if you use your imagination you can see the spider webs created with the ultra thin Mexican creme. Feel free to use sour cream if you really want to create spider webs and be sure to have those olives chopped up to make spiders for the webs.
Quick wrap up of all the previous Football Friday recipes:
If you make any of the Friday Football recipes be sure to share and tag @littlebitsof_realfood on all social media!!
Any dip is a welcome addition to any party, frankly dips should be allowed anywhere. Park, movie theater, gym, school all need dips!
This Spooky 7 Layer Dip is great for a crowd and made on a sheet pan!
- 2 14.5oz cans refried black beans
- 16 oz guacamole
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 16 oz pico de gallo
- Sour cream or mexican cream
- black olives
- Spread 2 cans of refried black beans evenly on a sheet pan. If they are hard to spread you might need to warm it slightly in the microwave before spreading.
- Spread guacamole in an even layer on top of the beans.
- In a separate bowl warm cream cheese in the microwave for about 1 minute to soften.
- Add 1/2 cup of salsa to the cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Evenly spread the salsa cream cheese over the guacamole.
- Then sprinkle the shredded cheese over next.
- Add the pico de gallo evenly across the cheese.
- Then if you want a well defined spider web, use sour cream but mexican crema works too.
- Then make little spiders with 2 full black olives as the body and head, then cut black olive slices in half to make the 6 legs.
- Serve with tortilla chips!