Crispy Baked Greek Wings with Creamy Feta Dip
You cannot have a proper football gathering with some kind of wing action, these Crispy Baked Greek Wings with Creamy Feta Dip is pure perfection.
Football Friday Series Week 3
There is no way another week could go by un the Football Friday series without a wing recipe. Let me present the Crispy Baked Greek Wings with Feta Dip, you will never go back to a buffalo wing again after you try these babies. After I posted the Crispy Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Wing recipe a few years ago it got sooo many reviews and soo many people obsessed with the pure crispiness of the wings. General conscious is most people enjoy a light crispy wing over a soggy sauce drenched wing, and we agree.
If you have notices I have been on a bit of a Greek kick recently with the Greek Veggie and Feta Dip and now these Crispy Baked Greek Wings with Creamy Feta Dip. There is just something about the combination of garlic, dill, oregano and lemon that takes us away to a sun drenched beach. They key to crispy wings is to PAT DRY them before you add the seasoning, this ensures that limited moisture is present while the wings are cooking.
The second part that elevates these wings is the Feta Dip. You may be thinking how you can make Feta cheese into a luscious dip, promise it’s easy. Adding feta, greek yogurt, lemon juice, oil and some water and pop that into a blender gets you the most delicious dip for your wings and assorted veggies and crackers you have as well.
Can I use an Air Fryer for this recipe?
Yes, 100%. This recipe would be amazing in the air fryer. Just make sure you dry the wings throughly and don’t crowd too many wings together. The air fryer works best when there is ample room around the wing to circulate warm air around.
These Greek Wings are not the only Greek inspired recipe on the blog, check these others out:
Pin the image below to save this Crispy Baked Greek Wings with Creamy Feta Dip recipe for later!
These Crispy Baked Greek Wings with Creamy Feta Dip are perfect for football season or anytime of year!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp baking powder**
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Creamy Feta Dip
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup water
- Serve with: bell peppers, carrots, pita chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Pat your chicken wings dry (the dryer they are, the crispy they will get!). Then place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried dill, 1 tsp dried oregano and 1 Tbsp lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Pour the spice mixture over the wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings, spread out evenly, on the cooling rack and bake for 30 minutes, flip them all, then bake for another 20-30 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried dill, lemon juice, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ cup melted ghee and stir to combine.
- Place cooked wings in a large bowl and add butter mixture on top. Toss to coat the wings.
- Dip: To make the dip combine greek yogurt, feta cheese, 2 tbsp lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic and water in a small blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with pita chips & veggies!
**To make these paleo, make your own baking powder by combining 2 tablespoons cream of tartar, 1 tablespoon baking soda, and 1 tablespoon tapioca starch.