Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
Perfect bright citrus flavor and perfectly moist loaf this Gluten Free Lemon Loaf is the perfect pairing to any coffee or tea.
We just finally took all of them lemons off of our lemon tree because it was about to fall over it was so full! Now we have a massive bag of lemons to use and I am so excited. I love all lemon things and I was shocked I didn’t have a lemon loaf recipe on the blog. This lemon loaf is gluten free and dairy free but of course I had to make a thick lemony glaze on top. I am glad I got this recipe made before we lost all the good lemon crop!
We love this recipe for many reasons quick, easy, delicious but mainly we love it because this loaf has the perfect amount of sweetness. The coconut sugar adds just the right amount sweetness to this loaf without having an overbearing sting-your-teeth because the pure sugar overwhelms the rest of the loaf flavor.
- Almond flour
- Arrowroot flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Coconut sugar
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Dairy-free yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon extract
- Lemon zest
- Powder sugar
We love any and all loafs, here are a few more to try:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt*
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in almond milk, ghee, dairy free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice and whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and doesn’t jiggle in the middle when you lightly shake it.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth. It should be thick and spreadable – add more lemon juice if needed!
- Pour icing over the cooled cake and spread evenly. Let sit to firm up.
- My favorite dairy free yogurt is kite hill.
- If you aren’t dairy free you can use regular plain yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes