Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
We just finally took all of them lemons off of our lemon tree because it was about to fall over it was so full! Now we have a massive bag of lemons to use and I am so excited. I love all lemon things and I was shocked I didn’t have a lemon loaf recipe on the blog. This lemon loaf is gluten free and dairy free but of course I had to make a thick lemony glaze on top. I am glad I got this recipe made before I lost my sense of taste and smell too!
Yep we all got sick last week and now my taste is mostly gone and kind of metallic tasting and my smell is just super subtle. Such a strange feeling! I am hoping this doesn’t last long for me but I know it is common to last a long time. Luckily my sister can test recipes for me too and I have lots of taste testers around me! I hope you are all feeling good and getting through this crazy January. It’s a wild world out there but making a lemon loaf is the new banana bread okay?
- Almond flour
- Arrowroot flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Coconut sugar
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Dairy-free yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon extract
- Lemon zest
- Powder sugar
We love any and all loafs, here are a few more to try:
Grain Free Toasted Coconut Carrot Cake Loaf
Orange Clove Almond Flour Loaf Cake
Gluten & Dairy Free Gingerbread Loaf Cake
Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 10 slices 1x
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt*
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in almond milk, ghee, dairy free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice and whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and doesn’t jiggle in the middle when you lightly shake it.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth. It should be thick and spreadable – add more lemon juice if needed!
- Pour icing over the cooled cake and spread evenly. Let sit to firm up.
- My favorite dairy free yogurt is kite hill.
- If you aren’t dairy free you can use regular plain yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
ahhh, this looks so good!! but we can’t have almond flour, any subs? thank you!
You can try any flour that works for you!
Girl! Can’t wait to try this!!!
Just tried it! Thank you for making simplistic recipes that a hard working mama can make for her family!
Soo glad you loved it!
I just made this, YUM! Didn’t have Arrowroot, so I used light buckwheat flour instead. It worked great. The loaf was devoured! Thanks for the great recipe!
Could lemon juice be used in place of the extract?
Yes, it will just not have the intense lemon flavor.
Ah-ma-zing! So super fast and easy, and honestly I think better than the Starbucks version!
Yes, love this!!
This is incredible . I can’t tell you how many years I’ve been wanting lemon bread and this was everything I wanted and more . My kids who are Starbucks lemon loaf snobs loved it too and i much prefer giving them this over that . Thank you for making this recipe .
Sooo glad you love it, enjoy!