One Pot Chicken Shawarma
The perfect dinner for everyone that’s in a polar vortex of some type these days, the One Pot Chicken Shawarma of our dreams.
Its the middle of January and the nights still feel like they are getting longer, the joy of Christmas as complete worn off and you still need to feed your family every single night. With both kids getting older and being a touch more flexible when it comes to meals I have wanted to really try and cook a few more things that are not in out normal rotation. This One Pot Chicken Shawarma is the perfect venture for that. It has the safe ingredients of chicken, rice and veggies all acceptable and loved things by Ruthie and Milo. But it also has loads of flavors from the paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and chili powder. Essentially its a hug in a bowl.
You would imagine with soo many spices and flavors in one pot it may lead to an absolutely not, but with the addition of the rice and chicken stock the flavors settle and the dish brings the most incredible aroma to the house. I topped with some cilantro and maybe some Naan bread to satisfy everyone at the table.
Add this quick and filling to your dinner round up and it will sure to be a winner all around!
One Pot dinner recipes are a savor on any night of the week, especially after a kids soccer practice outside these are the best ones:
Pin the image below to save this One Pot Chicken Shawarma recipe for later!Print
This One Pot Chicken Shawarma is easy to whip together and all cooks in one pot!
- 3 Tbsp oil or butter
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pot (like a dutch oven) over medium high heat.
- Add oil or butter to the pan. Add in chopped red onions and bell peppers and cook for 7 minutes to lightly brown.
- Place the chicken in the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth, cumin, paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, allspice, chili powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 25 min, checking halfway through to stir.*
- Season to taste with salt and pepper once it’s done!