- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup pecan butter (or almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon Water
- ⅓ cup melted coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- refined coconut oil as needed
- In a food processor combine pitted dates, almond flour, nut butter, maple syrup, flax meal and water and blend on high until completely combined and smooth. (it will kind of form a ball in the mixer)
- Scoop out the mixture into balls and roll them in your hand to make them perfectly round. Place the balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or plate. Use the end of a wooden spoon to make an indent in the middle of the balls, about half way through. This will make them look like a donut!
- Place them in the freezer to harden up a bit while you make the glaze.
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut butter and maple extract. (if you haven’t worked with coconut butter before, know that it hardens at room temperature so you have to microwave it a bit to get it back to liquid form)
- Note: If the glaze is not thin enough to dip the balls in, add some melted coconut oil as needed until it is smooth!
- Once the glaze is smooth, remove energy balls from the freezer and dip the tops in the glaze. Once all are glazed, place them back in the freezer to harden.
- Store in the freezer or fridge in a ziplock bag and enjoy!!