Coconut Crusted Cacao Brownies
It’s time for all of the Chocolate and all of the love!! Valentines day is next week and I am a firm believer that the best way to spread love is with food! And it is a great excuse to bust out the cacao and celebrate. I packed these brownies with all of the goods – for fat source I used AVOCADO! And instead of regular flour it’s all about the almond flour and arrowroot. I love adding arrowroot to baked goods to add some of the fluffiness that “regular” brownies have! Then I made sure to sweeten these up with maple syrup to keep things super clean.
Now I tested these brownies twice and topped them with both these Bare toasted coconut chips and with regular unsweetened coconut flakes and it is delish with both!
What do you have planned for V-day? We have our anniversary in March so we might wait and have a bigger celebration then – maybe a weekend away? Little weekend trip are our favorite. We feel like we have enough stuff so instead of spending money on possessions we would rather buy experiences with each other! And now that we both have flexible schedules we have so many options which is amazinggg!!
Okay back to these brownies – I love the warm but if you put them in the fridge or freezer, like I do with my balls – they get a little chewy and delish!
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond flour
- Arrowroot powder
- Sea Salt
- Baking Soda
- Coconut flakes
Must dip in vanilla almond milk. MUST!
Need more chocolatey goodness in our life, then we have more recipes for you to try:
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Coconut chips or flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs. Add in almond flour, arrowroot, cacao powder, sea salt and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil spray and add batter. Sprinkle the coconut chips on top of the batter in an even layer. Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 brownies.
- Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days or for a longer shelf-life store in the fridge or freezer. **The freezer brownies are so yummy!!