Lemon Blueberry Snacking Cake
Simple and delicate yet an absolute knockout additions to any part of your day this Lemon Blueberry Snacking Cake can do it all.
I have found the secret to the perfect cake that can be eaten morning, day or night. This Lemon Blueberry Snacking Cake has the perfect combo of sweet blueberries and tart lemon to make a delicious light cake to snake on. Ruth and I have gotten into the routine of having a tea party after school about once a week. I love this because it gives us some uninterrupted quality time together. She also loves that we sometimes have this delicious cake while we share tea and talk about all sorts of things.
This cake is a classic snacking cake because of its simplicity, everything gets mixed in a single bowl together and then poured into your 8×8 pan. The joy about this snacking cake is the touch of sweetness without being overbearing. Made with a mixture of coconut sugar, lemon zest, greek yogurt and lemon juice bring a fully body taste to this cake.
Can I use frozen blueberries?
YES, please use the blueberries you have. Frozen work just as great as fresh for this recipe. If you are going to use frozen I suggest taking them out of the freezer just before you mix them with corn starch, this just makes sure they blueberries don’t melt a whole bunch before you mix them with the dough.
Can I make this recipe into muffins?
Yes, please do make these into muffins!! I love when a recipe like this can be changed into different forms, like a loaf or muffins.
Love a cake that can be versatile as well as whipped up in one bowl, here are a few more to try:
This Lemon Blueberry Snacking Cake is the perfect weekday cake to have on the counter that everyone will love to snack on!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut sugar and lemon zest, you will want to mix the zest into the sugar with your fingers. This is going to bring out lots of lemon extract and be amazing.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients- eggs, greek yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla. Now add the melted butter to the coconut sugar and lemon mixture then add to the wet ingredient bowl. This will make sure the warm butter doesn’t coagulate. Lastly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and combine. Mix blueberries and cornstarch/ arrowroot flour until blueberries are completely covered. Mix blueberries to the rest of the batter, pour into 8×8 pan that has been sprayed with oil and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 mins.