Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon, Pecan & Herb Crumble
Sometimes you just need a light but delicious Sweet Potato recipe for your holiday spread, this Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon, Pecan & Herb Crumble is just what you need.
As much as I want to say that mashed potatoes are my favorite side dish at Thanksgiving, the real winner is anything sweet potatoes and this new creation is going to the top of the list. This Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon, Pecan & Herb Crumble is the perfect savory and sweet combo without being too over powering or too indulgent. A simple combo of pecans, coconut sugar, butter and rosemary and thyme mixed together and sprinkled on top of chopped sweet potatoes. Since the kitchen is usually a busy place on the holiday this is the perfect dish as it only takes up one stove top spot, leave the oven for the main turkey!
If you are in charge of sides for Thanksgiving we have you covered:
This Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon, Pecan & Herb Crumble is a delicious sweet and savory side dish for thanksgiving or any day of the week!
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped (aout 780 grams)*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon to the pan and cook until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Keep the bacon drippings in the pan and add sweet potatoes to the pan and stir to coat with drippings. Let cook for 5 minutes, not stirring, then stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic powder and salt to the sweet potatoes and stir then cook another few minutes until browned.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, mix together the crumble topping.
- Chop the bacon and add it to a medium bowl with coconut sugar, flour, pecans, butter, rosemary & thyme and stir to combine well.
- Once sweet potatoes are browned, add the crumble evenly on top. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- *You can use more sweet potatoes if wanted!!