Maple Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best ones! These Maple Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes are easy enough for a weeknight but unique enough for your thanksgiving spread too. A bit of maple syrup brings yummy flavor but it also makes them caramelize just a bit and make them irresistible. I am clearly a sweet potato lover so these are now in heavy rotation at our house! Ruthie loves sweet potatoes so much too and having a bag already roasted in the fridge is now a MUST. The other day I was cooking up waffles for breakfast but Ruthie woke up hungry as always, so she happily munched on cold sweet potatoes from the fridge while I cooked! That girl just cracks me up so much and her love for food is always hilarious.
This year for Thanksgiving I have lots of fun recipes for you to try but I won’t be cooking much myself! Matt is working on Thanksgiving so we will be enjoying dinner at his fire station and will just bring one dish… still trying to decide what that will be. I LOVE Thanksgiving, 1/2 because I love a day all about food and gratefulness and 1/2 because Thanksgiving means that decorating for and celebrating Christmas is right around the corner! I like to hold myself back from decorating until the day after Thanksgiving because then is is a full on super fun day of Christmas music, hot cocoa and allll the decorations. But for now we can enjoy these sweet potatoes and start making our thankful list!
Here are more sides for your Thanksgiving Day Spread:
Pin the image below to save this Maple Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes recipe for later!Print
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Divide chopped sweet potatoes between the two sheets.
- Drizzle 1/2 of all of the ingredients of each baking sheet and toss to combine everything. Lay the sweet potatoes in an even layer.
- Roast for 25 minutes, then toss them around and roast for another 15-20 minutes.
- I chopped the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then into half moon slices.