This Roasted Cowboy Caviar Salad is a great way to add tons of veggies to your day in the most delicious way!
- 1 cup corn*
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 3 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or champagne vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup white beans
- avocado (optional)
- Turn the broiler on your oven at 550 degrees.
- On a baking sheet pour the corn, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- When the broiler is preheated, place the baking sheet on the top rack and let roast for 3-4 minutes or until they start to char just a bit. (Stay right by the oven as things can burn quickly.)
- In a bowl combine add the kale.
- In a small jar combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, taco seasoning and salt and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over the kale and use your clean hands to massage the dressing into the kale. This just means you will mix it and try to squish the kale in your hands to soften it.
- Then add the roasted veggies and beans to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide between two bowls and top with avocado if desired.
* I like using the frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe’s
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, healthy, salad