Date Caramel & Peanut Butter Chocolates
Happy February! Valentines day is around the corner so of course we had to have a chocolates recipe on the blog. I got this heart shaped silicone mold on amazon so they could look extra official. I honestly LOVE getting a box of chocolates on v-day but all the super sugary stuff is too much on my system – so maybe Matt will read this and make me some chocolates!! Haha okay okay I’m not gonna get crazy. He knows I love roses and a sweet card 🙂 Most likely I will just make these for him, he loves peanut butter cups and these are like a new level of those.
Something else I am SUPER excited about is making valentines for Ruth’s classmates! She just started at a Montessori School yesterday and we got a list of this month’s activities. The teacher said we can bring valentines or don’t have to and I was just trying to hold back my excitement. I LOVED doing valentines when I was little and I am so excited to make them for Ruthie! I just got little valentines cards I am going to hole punch and string around a fruit and veggie puree pouch. I think this whole school activity thing is going to be my jam, I just get way to into it!
- Coconut milk
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
*If you don’t have a silicon mold, you can also use a regular muffin tin. Don’t fill them up all the way, just half way will do. *
Did someone say peanut butter, we love a good treats with our favorite butter:
Pin the image below to save this Date Caramel & Peanut Butter Chocolates recipe for later!
- 1 ½ cups of pitted dates
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for about 1-2 minutes or until fully melted.
- Take your heart shaped silicone mold and drop in 1 teaspoon or so of chocolate into each heart then push it up the sides with the end of a wooden spoon. Place in the freezer to harden.
- In a blender combine dates, ¼ cup honey, coconut milk and vanilla and blend until smooth. Place date caramel into a ziploc bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of honey then place that in a separate ziplock bag.
- Once chocolate molds are hardened, cut off the tip of both ziplocks and first pipe in some date caramel, then the peanut butter mixture.
- Then take your remaining melted chocolate and fill the rest of the mold. Place in the freezer to harden!
- Store in the freezer or fridge and enjoy!