Churro Peanut Butter Cookies
Coooookies! I love most all cookies in the world but peanut butter cookies are one of the best! Now they can totally be made with other nut butters but dang I think peanut butter can’t be beat in these cookies. Then you gotta coat them in cinnamon coconut sugar to get nice and sweet on the outside – just like a churro! And these cookies don’t even have flour of any kind in them. Just like the classic, all it is it peanut butter, egg, coconut sugar and baking soda.
Obviously the classic one has white sugar but I loveee coconut sugar! All the sweetness of white sugar but so much less processed and filled with a caramel flavor that is perfect in these cookies. I have always been a huge fan of easy recipes (as you probably know), but now that I am a mama ease is more important that ever. It also doesn’t hurt that these cookies are Matt’s fave so if I make him a batch he is super happy, and so am I because it didn’t take much work!
Oh and did I mention the importance of a sprinkle of sea salt at the end? I think all baked goods are made 100 times better with some sea salt on them, but something about the sweet and salty combo of these peanut butter cookies makes it an absolute necessity. So go buy yourself some flakey sea salt and watch all of your dreams come true.
Peanut butter- any kind you like
Pin the image below to save this Churro Peanut Butter Cookies recipe for later!Print
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine peanut butter, egg,1 cup coconut sugar and baking soda.
- In a small bowl combine ¼ cup coconut sugar with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Scoop dough into balls about 2 tablespoons big and roll them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Flatten balls a bit with a fork then sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar over the tops.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on how soft you like your cookies).