Shocking Strawberry Lemonade
It’s cocktail time!! When I was in Scottsdale last weekend for a bachelorette party we went to this great restaurant called Culinary Dropout and had the most amazing cocktails, so I had to recreate it! I love a tasty cocktail that isn’t too sweet and is nice and easy to sip on. And the combo of strawberries and lemon is one of my favorite things ever. For this recipe I first muddled my favorite California Giant Berry Farms strawberries with lemon juice and honey syrup. Then all you do is pour that mixture over ice with some vodka and a shock top!! I am sure any light wheat beer would work but something about the orange notes of shock top make it a perfect compliment to the strawberry and lemon.
I don’t know about you but this weekend we will be watching the super bowl (or the commercials) at a friends house and cocktails will be flowing! Berries are just perfection for cocktails because once muddled they add sweetness and tons of flavor, not to mention make the cocktail feel like it’s at least adding a little nutrition to your life. So go grab some Cal Giant Berries and some lemons and get to drinkin!
This post is sponsored by Cal Giant Berry Farms but views are 100% my own!
All about those those refreshing drinks to relax with, here are a few more.
Pin the image below to save this Shocking Strawberry Lemonade recipe for later!
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey syrup
- 2 shots of vodka
- 1 can or bottle of shock top beer
- Combine lemon juice, honey syrup and strawberries in a cocktail mixer and smash using a muddler or fork.
- Fill two glasses halfway with ice, diving the strawberry mixture between the two glasses and add 1 shot of vodka to each glass
- Mix using a spoon and top each glass with ½ can of shock top
- You can strain the strawberry/lemon/honey mixture if you don’t want chunks of strawberry in your drink!