- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound russet potatoes, divided (peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg*
- 1 box Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
- 3 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make your biscuits first by combining 1 box of Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 eggs. Stir until well combined then set aside while you start on the casserole.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee and then onions. Saute 5-7 minutes until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 of the potatoes and chicken broth. Raise heat to high until broth is boiling. Immediately lower to a simmer, cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are just fork tender.
- Transfer potato mixture from skillet to a blender or food processor. Add the coconut milk to the blender and process until smooth and creamy the set aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil or ghee as well as carrots and remaining potatoes to pan along with salt, and pepper. Raise heat to medium and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are just starting to soften. Add creamy potato mixture, chicken, frozen peas, chopped thyme and rosemary. Cook 1 to 2 minutes to heat through. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Take your biscuit mixture and scoop with a large cookie scoop or spoon, 8 drop biscuits onto the filling. Break and egg into a small bowl and mix it up then brush the a little egg on each biscuit.
- Bake for 25 minutes until biscuits are cooked and browned a bit.