Paleo Raspberry Vanilla Cupcakes
One thing I haven’t been able to figure out until now – grain free cupcakes!! You could pass my Double Chocolate Muffins off as cupcakes sure, but something about vanilla cupcakes was really hard to master. I went through a couple of test batches and was so excited when these turned out! Then I made a super easy and refined sugar free frosting that brings out tons of raspberry goodness. I wanted to highlight a fun cupcake today because a few bloggers and I are throwing a surprise bridal shower for our friend Allie from Miss Allie’s Kitchen! I met Allie through an online blogging community and quickly grew to love her because she LOVES a kitchen dance party just as much as I do! Her and her fiancé are getting married soon and I am so excited for them!! Just thinking about weddings makes me so happy and brings me back to all the wedding prep we were doing just over 3 years ago.
Wedding showers are full of beautiful food so I wanted to make these cupcakes super cute and fun – which is why sprinkles were a must. I ordered these naturally dyed sprinkles on amazon and they bring me probably too much happiness. But really, how can sprinkles not make you happy?? So if you are like me and love being happy, go over to Allie’s instagram today, give her a follow and tell her how excited you are for her!! Maybe drop some marriage advice?? I love the classic – don’t go to bed angry. Seems so simple but it can be hard to do sometimes right? So worth it to stay up and work things out. Okay enough sappy love talk, let’s get into these cupcakes!!
This batch makes 6 cupcakes but you can double or triple it to your liking!
I’m not proud of how many of these I consumed on day 1… but i’m pregnant so its totally allowed right?
Paleo treats are some of our favorite recipes to make, so we have more for you to try:
Pin the image below to save these Paleo Raspberry Vanilla Cupcakes for later!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup freeze dried raspberries, crushed
- ½ cup melted coconut butter
- ¼ cup crushed freeze dried raspberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in 2 tablespoons almond milk, ghee, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk to fully combine.
- Add in ½ cup of freeze dried raspberries that have been crushed (crush them after measuring – I place them in a zipock bag and mash them with a meat tenderizer) and combine with the batter.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and scoop the batter evenly into 6 cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes and then let cool.
- For the topping, combine melted coconut butter, ¼ cup crushed freeze dried raspberries (measured after crushing), maple syrup and 2 tablespoons almond milk. Mix until fully combined. Add topping to the cupcakes once they are cooled and top with some sprinkles if you desire!