Paleo Fruit Tart with Lemon Curd
Somehow it’s already time for the 4th of July! And in my mind the 4th means all the berries because, hello – blue and red! Fruit tarts are the perfect way to celebrate and but some beautiful berries on display. I used my favorite California Giant Berry Farms berries to make this tart look extra delicious and a sweet and tart lemon curd sauce. Hot tip – if you are going to make this for a gathering you can make the crust ahead, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge, make the lemon curd ahead and put it in the fridge and chop your fruit. Then just bring every and assemble before serving! It is the perfect summer dessert that everyone will love. Now that berry season is in full swing I love having them always chopped and ready in my fridge. I didn’t realize until Ruthie started eating but I had gotten in a rut of never buying fruit – I know terrible! And now that I buy it more for her I am remembering how incredible it is. Especially when it’s berry season! So go to your local store and get some Cal Giant Berries, using this awesome coupon!!
Oh and don’t forget to tag my on instagram when you make it!
Berries, Berries and more berries, we have more recipes for you:
I couldn’t choose just a few photos for this post… i’m just so in love with fruit tarts!!
Nutrition Facts about Lemons:
Lemons are definitely one of the versatile fruits that are low calorie and jam packed with nutrients. 1/4 Cup of the juice contains 31 % of the RDI for vitamin C and 3 % of folate. Lemons are also very high in potassium which makes them a great addition to recovery post work out. The lemon peel actually contains calcium, vitamin C, and potassium, as well as fiber. There really is no reason to limit or hold out from including lemons in your dietary routine!
Pin the image below to save this Paleo Fruit Tart with Lemon Curd recipe for later!
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grass-fed ghee, room temperature
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil (at room temp)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- In a saucepan combine eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Place a pan over medium heat and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the ghee.
- Let it sit for a minute, then whisk it in.
- Press mixture through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Cool and then store in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine crust ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the ball of dough in the middle.
- Form dough into an 8 inch round crust. Use a fork to poke a few holes on the crust.
- Bake crust for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and then set aside to cool.
- Once crust is cooled, spoon on the lemon curd (as much as you like) and then top with chopped fruit!