Maple Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
Yesterday I woke up wanting something extra yummy in my americano so I whipped up this simple syrup and it was amazing!! I usually always have my honey syrup in the fridge to sweeten my coffee a bit but the seasons are changing and this girl loves a pumpkin spice moment. I am not a CRAZY pumpkin spice lady but the flavors are just so fall and wonderful so adding them to my morning makes it feel extra special. This is a super simple combination of maple syrup, water and pumpkin pie spice. That’s it! Just heat it up to combine the spices into the syrup and you are done. I normally just had it with a black americano but I was feelin fancy for this photoshop and added it to an almond milk latte and DANG is it good. The thing I love about simple syrups too is that they add easily to cold drinks too. It’s still warm here so I have been making blended coffees in the morning often and this would be perfect with that! Just some cold brew concentrate, almond milk, this maple pumpkin spice simple syrup and ice. Okay wow all of this talk about coffee makes me want to go make another one RIGHT NOW.
This OXO squeeze bottle is always in rotation in our house!!
Look at that foam! Thanks to my Nespresso Latissima Pro that I love!
After you whip this recipe up, here are a few others to try:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine water, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice in a microwave safe container (like a glass measuring cup) and microwave for 2 minutes then stir combine.
- Store in the fridge (I like to store mine in a squeeze bottle) for up to 2 months.
- Add it to your coffee depending on how sweet you like it! 1/2 a shot glass full is delish.
- If you don’t have a microwave you can heat it on the stove top over medium heat for 5 minutes.