- 2 cups peeled and finely grated carrots
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted at room temp
- 1/3 cup almond milk + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Topping: (optional)
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- 3–4 tablespoons almond milk or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together carrots, eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk + lemon juice, toasted coconut and pineapple.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined.
- Grease loaf pan and add parchment paper to the pan as well. Pour batter into lined pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and almond or coconut milk and stir to combine until an icing forms. Spread icing over cake and top with remaining toasted coconut.