Brown Butter Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Thanksgiving is less than a week away and if you are like my fam, you are just now starting to think about what the heck you will be having! We used to always have the same things at thanksgiving growing up, but over the last few years we have had so much fun trying out new recipes on the big day. If you are still figuring out what you are going to have, these Brown Butter Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes are the way to go!
They are cooked in the instant pot so no need to boil water or turn on the stove. They cook quickly and you can easily make these the day or two before and reheat right before dinner. We do sweet potatoes and potatoes at thanksgiving and I love choosing different textures for each. So this year we will do these mashed sweet potatoes but then do a scalloped sweet potato for variation! I definitely think all potatoes are my favorite part of Thanksgiving because they are always unlike anything I have on a regular basis. But these mashed sweet potatoes I might happily add into our regular meals. When they are so easy and so tasty, why not?!
Sweet Potato are the epitome of versatile vegetable, wether you dress it up for a holiday to just during the week:
Pin the image below to save this Brown Butter Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe for later!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried sage (rubbed)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In your instant pot place the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and add the 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Place pressure cooker lid on and set to 8 min on manual high pressure.
- In a large skillet add your butter and put on medium heat. To create brown butter, have butter melt and continue to watch until bubbles start and brown pieces start to appear. Don’t allow it to burn, you will want to keep a spatula in the skillet moving it the entire time.
- Once the 8 min are finished, do the quick release until finished.
- Scoop out the cooked sweet potatoes into a large bowl, leaving any remaining chicken stock in the instant pot.
- Then mash the sweet potatoes and add the browned butter, sage, garlic powder and salt and mix again.
- Taste and add any extra salt to your liking!
- If you don’t have an instant pot you can just boil the sweet potatoes to cook them!