The Best Healthy Margarita
If you have been looking for a go-to margarita recipe to have in your life, look no further than this blog post! I always have my honey syrup in the fridge to put in cocktails or coffee and it is the best in the recipe. I also always have a bottle of lime juice in the fridge, and Santa Cruz Organics is my fave brand for that. A lot of margaritas call for triple sec but I leave it out of this recipe because it just adds more sugar and isn’t necessary in my eyes! Before I got pregnant this time and quarantine had started, these margaritas were in regular rotation because they just always sound good, and aren’t too sweet. Now that I am pregnant, I still enjoy them virgin style and just leave out the tequila. So if you are feeling summery and ready for a light and super refreshing drink, try this one out! Also, these glasses are from crate and barrel and I am obsessed. Got them as whiskey glasses but they are perfect for all drinks and feel so classy.
Tajin on the rim is such a delicious addition! Not necessary but so fab especially in summer.
ALSO! Have to mention how much I love the ice that our new fridge makes. They are smaller than usual cubes and just perfect to me!
Pin the image below to save The Best Healthy Margarita recipe for later!
- Use a slice of lime to rub around the rim of the glass.
- Pour some Tajin on a small plate, then roll the rim of each glass in it to coat.
- Fill the 2 glasses with ice.
- In each glass pour 1/2 shot of honey syrup, 1 shot lime juice and 1 1/2 shots of tequila.
- Top each with club soda or any sparkling water you like!
- For a Virgin drink, just leave out the tequila!
- I love topo chico sparkling water and santa cruz organics lime juice in this drink!
- A fun way to mix up this drink is to try out different flavored sparkling water.
- The Tajin rim is totally optional but amazing!