Taco Turkey Burger with Mango Guacamole
You guys. I got the black plague this weekend. Okay maybe not the black plague but I definitely had a terrible sore throat and congestion which can really feel like the same thing. But I should stop talking about this as I am supposed to make you hungry, not…. not hungry. Well as I was sitting in bed all weekend I had already planned to make this burger and bought all of the ingredients. On Sunday I thought okay, I am hungry and have everything to make this beautiful burger… I can do it! So I did! Luckily this thing is super quick and easy to throw together that I was able to do it and I am so glad I did. It was so tasty and THAT GUAC. Mango and avocado were meant to be together.
This dish was inspired by this super tasty Sutter Home Sangria! They recently had this huge “Build a Better Burger” Contest and I thought…. what would I make if I was in that?! Since I am eating real foods and keeping health top of mind, I knew a turkey burger was the way to go. And sangria makes me think of mexican or spanish food so I thought TACO BURGER!! I also had some mango guacamole at my lovely friend Danielle’s birthday party recently and knew I had to recreate it. The burger buns are Dave’s Killer Bread’s Million Dollar Bun. They are organic and non GMO and so tasty!! All together this burger made the perfect compliment to the fruity and fresh taste of the Sangria!
All of the right things in life are in this bowl.
Gotta stack it tall!!
And it MUST ooze with guacamole. MUST!
***A bottle of the Sutter Home Sangria was provided to me but the opinions on the product are my own!Print
Taco Turkey Burger with Mango Guacamole & Sutter Home Sangria
- 2 avocados, pitted, flesh removed & chopped
- 1 mango, peeled & diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Taco Turkey Burger:
- 20 oz. package ground turkey (i use 93% lean)
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (i used mccormick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- squares of colby jack cheese
- oil or ghee (for greasing pan)
- 1 tomato cut into large slices
- Burger Buns (I used Dave’s Killer Million Dollar Buns!)
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped avocado, mago, red onion, cilantro, salt, garlic powder & lime juice. Stir and mash just a bit until you reach your desired consistency.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, black beans, taco seasoning mix, salt, lime juice & bread crumbs. Stir until just combined. Divide turkey into 4 servings and shape into patties. Place a skillet over medium high heat & drizzle in a little over a teaspoon of oil or ghee. Once the pan is hot, place a patty in the middle of the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until done. If you are putting cheese on your burger, add at the end, throw about 1 tablespoon of water in the pan and put a lid on the pan so the cheese melts quickly. Then remove from the pan.
- To assemble burger, toast buns in the pan you cooked your burgers in. On the bottom of the bun, put a little guacamole just so the burger sticks. Then place the burger on the bun, topped with a big scoop of guacamole, then tomato slice, then some lettuce and the top bun!
- **Note: You can use oats instead of breadcrumbs to make it gluten free!
I NEED this burger in my life!!!!!!!!!!!