Whole30 Steak Marsala
Finally some Whole 30 Complaint Steak on this dang blog!! We probably have steak about once a week or once every two weeks and I usually just leave it up to Matt to grill it for us. Now that we have been getting Butcher Box we have been loving steak night so much because the quality is unreal. But it got me thinking that I have so few steak recipes on the blog! So I thought the best place to start was with one of my favorite chicken recipes turned steak style – Whole30 Steak Marsala! I made this recipe Whole30 compliant so there isn’t actually marsala wine in here, but we get great flavor from chicken broth, red wine vinegar and mushrooms – oh and of course the steak itself. This kind of recipe is the best for a weeknight too, a quick cook of the meat on the stovetop, remove it and make a sauce in the pan and add the meat back in. All you gotta do is roast up some veggies or make a quick salad and you have a super tasty, super healthy meal that everyone will be happy about.
Speaking of meat can I tell you how happy I am that I haven’t had any meat aversions this pregnancy? I hear that is a super common thing and am glad it didn’t happen to me so I can still get my protein in. I really haven’t had many aversions since the first trimester ended (when I couldn’t look at a vegetable), and have just now started to really have to eat smaller meals and eat slower because baby girl is taking up all the room! She sure does love a good steak though. So be sure to make this baby soon and let me know what you think!
The perfect cook! I like a medium cooked steak – so delish and perfect for Whole30 to meet those cravings.
Mushrooms can be used in sooo many different ways, we have more recipes for you to try:
Pin the image below to save this Whole30 Steak Marsala recipe for later!
Nutrition Information for Steak Marsala:
The sauce with this Steak dish is so clean! Are you surprised? It is Whole30 Compliant. What I love about this Steak Marsala recipe is how there are limited ingredients but HUGE flavor! Most gravies are super high in salt and fat but we used some alternative options here to ensure that we would have a healthier option. This recipe is also very high in Iron and Folic Acid which are both essential to preventing anemia and quite beneficial for women monthly! You have to try this Whole30 Steak Marsala, the flavor is going to blow your mind and the calories won’t blow your day away!Print
- 4 6 oz. steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup pre-sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder + 1 tablespoon cold water (mixed in a bowl)
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper and coat with a thin layer of arrowroot powder.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, vinegar, broth, and lemon juice to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced. Add arrowroot + water mixture and whisk into the pan until you reach your desired consistency. Return the steak to the pan. Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes until steak is cooked to your liking.