Roasted Cowboy Caviar Salad
When you need a wonderful, bright and delicious salad this Roasted Cowboy Caviar Salad is the perfect solution.
I have heard of cowboy caviar for years and never thought to try it out myself. But recently Cowboy Caviar went viral on TikTok and everyone is making it! The general recipe is corn, bell pepper, 2 kinds of beans, tomato and if you want you can add jalapeno, onion and cilantro, then a dressing. You can eat it by the spoon or most people scoop it with a chip, but I thought it would be so great as a salad, a kale salad specifically because your girl needs to get more greens in her system!
I roasted up the ingredients under the broiler and massaged the kale until it was nice and soft – great for the digestion of it. This salad was SO GOOD. And if you are like me you are probably in the mood for a good and new type of salad. I love the beans in this adding protein and making it a plant based meal – something I don’t have often. So let’s make this salad and you can check out this reel on IG to see how I made it too!
This salad has everything you could ever imagine and summer time is the perfect time to make it. If you don’t want to turn your oven on and heat up the whole house, tossing the corn, bell peppers and tomatoes on the grill will be super easy. You have two options of you use the grill chopped all the veggies and toss into a foil packet and place on the grill to cook, should take about 10 minutes. The other option is to place the veggies on the grill whole and then chopped after they have cooked. Either way they will have the nice charred flavor that will add tons more depth to the salad.
- Roasted corn
- Bell pepper
- Grape tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Rice vinegar
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
- White beans
Kale, Corn, Avocado, Tomatoes are all veggies we love, so here are a few more of our fav recipes:
Pin the image below to save this Roasted Cowboy Caviar Salad recipe for later!
This Roasted Cowboy Caviar Salad is a great way to add tons of veggies to your day in the most delicious way!
- 1 cup corn*
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 3 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or champagne vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup white beans
- avocado (optional)
- Turn the broiler on your oven at 550 degrees.
- On a baking sheet pour the corn, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- When the broiler is preheated, place the baking sheet on the top rack and let roast for 3-4 minutes or until they start to char just a bit. (Stay right by the oven as things can burn quickly.)
- In a bowl combine add the kale.
- In a small jar combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, taco seasoning and salt and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over the kale and use your clean hands to massage the dressing into the kale. This just means you will mix it and try to squish the kale in your hands to soften it.
- Then add the roasted veggies and beans to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide between two bowls and top with avocado if desired.
* I like using the frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe’s
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, healthy, salad