Pizza Baked Eggs
Well hey there! I’m Allie with Miss Allie’s Kitchen coming to you with a fun breakfast idea. I’m so excited to be posting on Little Bits Of today! If we haven’t met before, nice to meet you! I create real and whole food recipes over on my website because I think food and sharing it with people matters. I like to take the guess work out of making food healthier and this gal loves a good party, so you know I’m always sharing entertaining tips and tricks. You can come hang with me on my Instagram page (especially if you love silly stories and real-life moments), follow along on Pinterest for easy ideas or hop on my email list to stay in the loop!
I should make one thing clear – mornings just aren’t my thing! You know, they really aren’t. So, breakfast is always a huge struggle for me. What works for me is making something that’s really
simple that I can pop in the oven and forget about and maybe even re-heat the next day. Can I get an actual AMEN for leftovers?
This brings me to the Pizza Baked Eggs. They are crazy simple. All you’re going to do is cut the top off of a tomato, scoop out the insides, stick a few pieces of pepperoni inside and crack an egg in there. Pop it in the oven, set your time, go chug some coffee and BOOM. Done! I like to serve it with some extra pepperoni, but you could so whatever you like.
I like my breakfasts to be dairy free, but you could always add some cheese, pizza sauce…the world is your oyster…or pizza pie! If you’re doing a Whole30, you could do some compliant bacon in there in place of the pepperoni, too, just make sure it’s already cooked. These are dairy and gluten free and SUPER yummy!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tomatoes
- 16 slices of pepperoni, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom of a small casserole dish with the
- Cut the top of the tomatoes off and scoop out most of the insides. You want to make
sure you have enough room for the egg in the well.
- Place 2 slices of pepperoni in the bottom of each egg.
- Arrange each tomato in a corner of the casserole dish to make sure they stay upright.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, into each of the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes for a runny egg yolk. If you like a well-done egg, bake for 5-10
- Dice the remaining pepperoni, top the eggs and serve!