- Pre-made Pizza Dough
- 1 large Onion; Peeled, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Large Pear, cored and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 oz Bleu Cheese, crumbled
- Pancetta (optional)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil so the butter doesn’t burn. When the oil and butter mixture is hot, add the onions and sprinkle with the sugar. Saute the onion until they begin to brown. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the Balsamic vinegar and continue sauteing until the onions are caramelized. Slice each half pear in half and slice the resulting quarters lengthwise into thin slices. Place a pizza stone on the middle shelf of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Roll out your dough with plenty of flour, and place on a cookie sheet, if you are not using the pizza stone. Evenly spread the onion mixture on top of the dough. Then place the pear slices over the onion mixture. Sprinkle the blue cheese over the pears, followed by the mozzarella. Then if you want you can add some pancetta or any meat you may desire, and top with a bit more mozzarella. Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on it after 10 for desired crispiness. Enjoy with a salad and a glass of wine!