Peanut Butter & Jelly Bacon Burger on Sweet Potato Toast
THAT’S RIGHT! Peanut Butter. Jelly. BACON Burger. On Sweet Potato Toast. It all just sounds too good to be true doesn’t it? Well let me tell you – salty and sweet never tasted so good. There was a restaurant, you might have heard of, that was all the rage in southern california a few years ago called Slaters 50/50. It was called that because their most popular burger patty was 50% beef 50% ground bacon. I know – YUM. On their menu they had this burger called the peanut butter and jealousy that was just like this, but of course with a regular bun. So I knew I had to recreate it my way – with some SPT! I honestly wish I had filmed myself standing over this photoshoot when I was done, just absolutely devouring this burger. It was dripping and messy and I am pretty sure I licked my hands clean after coming up for air. There is just something so addicting about all the flavors coming together, you have to try it for yourself!
Also, check out #sptweek2108 on instagram!! You guys are crushing it with your creations and it makes me SO HAPPY. I love watching people try it for the first time and being so amazed with how easy and good it is. And let me just tell you, thank goodness for this SPT week because it is the only thing keeping me excited with this dreary overcast weather we are having! I just want to lay around and watch movies all day but NO! Sweet potato toast much be shared and enjoyed – Huzzah! And the prenatal massage I have booked for Thursday is keeping me focused and excited too. (this back pain is real at 34 weeks!) Okay okay – back to THIS BURGER.
Can you even handle it? The pic below was mid shoveling. so. good.
Sweet Potato is the most versatile veggie out there, these recipes are proof:
Pin the image below to save this Peanut Butter Jelly and Bacon Burger on Sweet Potato Toast for later!Print
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 heaping teaspoons peanut butter
- 4 heaping teaspoons jelly (your favorite kind – i love smuckers “simply fruit”)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Divide ground beef into 4 balls and form them into the shape of your sweet potato toast slices (but a bit larger as they will shrink when cooked). Season lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place a pan over medium high heat and once it is hot, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and set asie.
- Keep the pan on medium high heat with bacon grease in it and cook beef patties for about 2 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved (this depends a lot on your pan, stove, how thick your patties are and how you like them cooked!).
- Make your sweet potato toast (directions below) and slather 1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter (or however much you like) on one piece and 1 heaping teaspoon of jelly on another piece.
- Place burger patty on the peanut butter side, followed by a slice of cooked bacon (cut in half), then the jelly side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Makes 4 burgers!
How to make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is browning on both sides and it is cooked through.