Paleo Blueberry Lemon Donuts
You might be asking yourself, why have you been hiding these Paleo Blueberry Lemon Donuts from us for so long Kelsey?! Well trust me, I can explain! When all of my kitchen stuff was in storage for 4 months, I forgot about how much I loved certain products that were hiding away. Yes my food processor was a huge one, but one that I always seem to forget about was my little donut pan!! I don’t think I need to explain why I missed it – UM HELLO DONUTS! If you put anything into a donut form, chances are I will love it. Donuts are guaranteed to make anyone happy, especially if you put blueberries in them! I am BEYOND pumped to be working with California Giant Berry Farms to show you the best ways to use your berries as we hop into berry season! These guys get their “GIANT” name because their strawberries have HUGE flavor! No added pesticides or junk, just good old fashioned California soil and lots of love from this family run company!
But today is all about blueberries & lemon! For some reason this combo is always perfection!! They go fabulous together in treats but I love to make lemon vinaigrettes to toss salads with and top them with blueberries too! My love for this combo probably goes back to one time when I had a lemon, poppyseed and blueberry muffin that kind of changed my life a little. Of course back then (i was a kiddo), I wasn’t really as concerned with processed flours and sugars as I am now! So for this recipe I took out all of that and used almond flour and maple syrup to make the magic happen! As you can see in the video below, I added the blueberries in last so you can still see their beauty and they don’t sink to the bottom. Think of the berries as little gems or sprinkles, they steal the show so you gotta show them off!
So between the almond flour and maple syrup these babies turn out to be paleo which you know I love! My besties over at California Giant Berry Farms also love gluten free goods and they created two Gluten Free Cookbooks – one for Dinners for Two and one for FIESTAS!! Party on Wayne! Check them out here and get cookin people! Okay okay it’s time to check out these Paleo Blueberry Lemon Donuts!!
See how easy that was? Just scroll down for the full recipe and if you need a donut pan you can grab one HERE!
This post is sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms! I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
If you love these Blueberry Lemon donuts so we have linked a few more blueberry recipes for you:
Pin the photo below to save this Paleo Blueberry Lemon Donuts recipe!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a donut pan with oil spray.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil, egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into a large ziplock bag and cut the tip of the bag with scissors. Squeeze batter into the donut pan then shake it a little to evenly disperse the batter. Drop 4-5 blueberries into each
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool. Wait until donuts are cooled a bit then remove from the pan.