Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Muffins!! I haven’t made a muffin in way too long, but think about them every time I pass by blueberries at the store. Finally I passed them last week and thought the price was right! This led me to looking at a few recipes and realizing they are so incredibly easy to make. Let’s be real, any recipe that calls for vegetable oil instead of waiting for butter to soften is a winner in my book. And like I said in my post about Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread, any crumbly topping makes me weak in the knees. Yes I know, my feelings towards food get really intense. There are a few great things about muffins. One is that they are to be eaten at breakfast, but are completely acceptable to be eaten as a snack with coffee in the afternoon or a dessert after dinner! That’s usually the case for most things I make though. You should probably make these this weekend and tell me all about it.
Just make a quick batter then fold with blueberries that are tossed with a little bit of flour.
Then just pop them in some muffin liners.
Top with cinnamon streusel mixture and bake!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, lightly tossed with flour to coat
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Then add vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.