Malted Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Malted Milk! People. You gotta get into malt powder… and I mean GOT TO. Do you remember when I made Pioneer Woman’s Malted Milk & Chocolate Chip Cookies? Well they are one of my favorites. Then when I made these Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies I remembered how good double chocolate cookies are. Now if there was only a way to combine all of the goodness… of course! Malted Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh yeah. Malt Powder is a new household staple. GET INTO IT. Moving on to butter….
Eggs and vanilla…
Next your dry ingredients… flour, malt powder, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and cream of tarter.
Mix it up and add to wet ingredients slowy until incorporated.
Then mix in those chocolate chips.
Meanwhile at some point you should have crushed up some whoppers…
Once crushed, place on a plate and scoop some batter onto the crumbs.
And flip over, crumb side up, on a baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes at 350…
And if you have enough dough to make a couple more cookies you can… OR you can just make a HUGE cookie for funzies…
Then just take a minute and enjoy one of the best cookies you have ever had!Print
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup malt powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed Whoppers (or any chocolate covered malt balls)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars until well mixed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, malt, cocoa, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto your crushed Whoppers. Then place the scoop onto the cookie sheet, crumb side up. Space cookies 2-inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, or just until the cookies are almost set and no longer super soft in the middles. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.