Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies
The perfect cookie to nibble on while drinking hot cocoa and looking at Christmas lights is this Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookie.
These Peppermint Hot Coco cookies actually came as a recipe make or a glow up if you will. A similar cookie was posted 10 YEARS ago, not sure how I have been cooking and baking on this spot on the internet for that long but here we are still plugging away remaking recipes from a whole decade ago. The original recipe had zero mini marshmallows and that was for sure a Christmas sin. So marshmallows got added some peppermint extract got mixed in and the result is the perfect combination of sweetness that reminds you of the perfect cup of hot coco.
Lots of other Hot Coco cookies have you dipping the cookie in melted chocolate and sprinkling with candy, which is all lovely but makes it extremely hard to package up in your Holiday Christmas boxes. Over the years time has taught me the when building a cookie box you want to make sure cookies can be stacked without the cookie parts falling off or sticking to another cookie. Each both with have around 4-5 cookie kinds its best to be able to stack the same cookies together. This will ensure everyone get a small sampling of each of the cookies without the taste being compromised with another cookies.
Can I use cacao instead of coco?
Yes, you could but the results would not be the same sweetened chocolate cookies. Cacao is not processed the same as even unsweetened coco so it will be slightly less sweet. If you would like to try the cookies with cacao I would suggest adding a touch more sugar in the cookies.
Do you know what cookies are going in your cookie boxes? If you already have your recipes picked out let us know in the comments!
Nothing brings pure joy to everyone like mini marshmallows, here are a few more recipes to try:
Pin the image below to save these Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies for later!
These Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies are incredibly tasty and make you feel like you are sipping on your favorite holiday drink!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, stir together butter and both sugars and beat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, peppermint and cocoa.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir to distribute evenly.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake about 10-12 minutes or until the edges look crisp. Enjoy!