Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies
How was everyones Thanksgivings? Mine was absolutely wonderful!!! I made an entire Thanksgiving dinner and forgot to take pictures… classic! But this collage explains it pretty well!! Herb-roasted turkey, beautiful beachy tablescape, and roomie love!
When in doubt, sock bun it.
Then a few hours passes and it is on to Christmas trees and peppermint sticks. I had a hankering for peppermint and chocolate and thought I would whip up some cookies. I am so glad I did because these were delish!
Can’t beat two sticks of butter! Especially when you beat it with sugar, cocoa, eggs, vanilla extract and peppermint extract!
Then add some flour, baking soda and salt.
Then chocolate chips!
Then roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake those for 10 minutes at 375.
Let cool, then drizzle a mix of powdered sugar, water and peppermint extract.Print
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. In another large bowl stir together butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla, peppermint and cocoa. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined. Stir chocolate chips and stir to distribute evenly. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets and bake about 10 minutes. Cool on a baking rack. In a small bowl mix together about a cup of powdered sugar and slowy add in water until you reach the consistancy that can create a drizzle. Then add a 1/4 tsp of pepperminte extract. Drizzle icing over cookies. Enjoy!