Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad on Paleo Ranch Buns
I am SO pumped to finally share this recipe with you guys! When I made this Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad on Paleo Ranch Buns a couple of weeks ago Matt and I hovered over them after I shot these pictures and devoured them. In my trials of recipe testing paleo baked goods I found that it is hard to get breads and stuff to hold shape – so these buns are made in muffin tins which make them A – the cutest things and B – great for portion control! I have been talking a lot on my instagram about portion control lately and how I am really trying to get better about it! It’s so easy to eat a lot of food for me so I try to hack the system the best I can. These little buns are packed with grain free goodness and would also be great as just a dinner roll!
You know that Tessemae’s dressing are my favorite and because my fridge is stocked with them I love thinking up new ways to add them into just about everything I eat. Matt’s favorite is the Lemon Garlic so I love to add it into quick chicken salads – hello flavor town!! But I don’t just put them on meat or salads. I love adding their dressings whenever recipes call for oil or any kind! Because most dressing are just oil + acid + flavor, they are guaranteed to just make anything calling for plain oil oil about a million times better. That’s why adding Zesty Ranch into these Paleo Buns is so freaking GOOD!! Flavor is what makes my world go round. I also have a fun trick of adding a little of the dressing in each muffin tin and putting it in the oven for a minute before adding the batter. This makes the outside crisp up a little when you pour it in AND add another layer of flavor. I am telling you – flavor might as well be my middle name.
This is my idea of the perfect lunch! Love how they are just the right size to have a couple with a salad! This post is sponsored by Tessemae’s. I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
Lemon is one of the best ingredients out there, so we have an array of recipes with Lemon for you to try:
Pin this Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad on Paleo Ranch Buns recipe to save it for later!
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- ¼ cup + 6 teaspoons (separated) Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad:
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Dressing
- ¼ cup dairy free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the broth or water, honey, 1/4 cup Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing and vinegar to the mixing bowl and mix with a whisk for 30 seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in after each addition. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour the 6 teaspoons of Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing into 12 muffin tins (1/2 teaspoon in each one) and swirl it around to coat the sides of the tins. Place in the oven without batter for about 1 minute. Remove from the oven and scoop batter into each tin until they are about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bread is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean when. Cool for 20 minutes.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad:
- Shred your cooked chicken with a fork and place it in a bowl. In a smaller bowl combine Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Dressing, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the chicken and toss to combine. Add in parsley and stir again.
- To assemble sandwiches, slice the buns in half horizontally and place chicken salad inside!