Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad
Goooood news friends!! We sold our condo! Took all of one week from when we put it on the market. CRAZY!! So now we have to move… ya know, one of the side effects of selling your place. I can’t wait to get into a house and build the kitchen of our dreams! That kitchen will bring you so many tasty recipes that I can’t wait for, but for now — my baby kitchen will keep cranking out goodies like this salad!
I whipped this baby up for a Mexican fiesta we had this last weekend. It went perfectly as a side or even on top of tacos! Matt went grocery shopping for this recipe and got the most perfectly ripe avocados.. the type that are firm enough to chop into nice pieces but soft enough to bite through easily. I loved add the creamy avo to charred corn, flavorful tomatoes and crispy cucumber! All of it tossed with a cilantro lime vinaigrette… to die forrrr! So first order of business – make this salad! Second – pretty please send me all of your moving tips. We will have to move stuff to a storage unit for a bit and then to a house – aka – lots of moving! So excited for this next chapter!!
That dressing doe…
Did I also mention this is a perfect make ahead side dish? Who doesn’t love those for a big party?
The char on the corn is my fave!
Avocado’s can be used in so many different recipes, we have added an array of them to try:
- 4 ears grilled corn
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of Salt & pepper
- Once you have grilled your corn, until slightly charred, slice off kernels. Combine kernels in a large bowl with tomatoes, cucumbers and avocados.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, oil, garlic powder, cilantro and honey. Whisk until combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Enjoy!