- 1 ½ cups crushed ginger snap cookies*
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (refined for no coconut flavor), you can use light olive oil too
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- zest of an orange
- Start with soaking the raw cashews in a bowl covering them in water for 4-12 hrs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine gingersnap crumbs, 5 tablespoons coconut oil & coconut sugar and mix until evenly combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into each muffin liner and flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once the cashews are done soaking, drain water and add to a high powered blender or food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Put cashew mixture in ziplock bag with cut off the tip.
- Once cookies have cooled, squeeze cashew mixture into the cookie cups.
- Zest an orange over the cups.
- Put them in the freezer to harden for at least 2 hours and store in the freezer as well.
*crush cookies in a food processor into a fine powder