Creamy Caesar Bacon Potato Salad
I LOVE POTATO SALAD. I just felt the need to yell that because I feel like it is THE side dish of summer. I am all for a big plate of protein, green salad and a creamy bacon filled potato salad. Just sounds perfect right? And it’s a make ahead kind of dish which you know are my fave. I love all of the umami type flavors in this dish that pop and work together to get that “caesar” flavor! And please please don’t be scared about the anchovy paste people… trust me the whole anchovies scare me a bit too, but when it comes in a paste, I love it. It adds so much dang flavor and it’s not a fishy flavor at all when mixed with everything else.
I am so excited for BBQs this summer, holding onto my baby girl and eating all the pasta salad. It has already been scorching hot (read: 85 degrees) for awhile here in southern california, and I am loving it. Mostly because we have been cranking up the AC, yes, but also because I choose warm weather over cold any day. When the sun is shining my soul becomes so very happy and adding a grill, some friends and cold beverages just make it all the better. So let’s crush it this summer shall we? Start by making this potato salad and impress all your friends with its supa delish flavor!
Close up bacon shots are necessary!
I ate this every day for a week and it was the best week EVER.
You can never have to many Bacon recipes, we have linked a few more for you:
Pin the image below to save this Creamy Caesar Bacon Potato Salad for later!
- 3 lbs dutch yellow baby potatoes (i get these at trader joes but any similar small potatoes work)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (compliant brand or homemade!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon anchovy paste
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and place whole baby potatoes on the pan. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes or until super fork tender.
- While those cook, Place a large skillet on the stove top over medium heat and cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan, chop and set aside.
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, lemon juice, coconut aminos, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and anchovy paste. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let them cool a bit so you can handle them. Cut each one into quarters (or whatever bite size piece you like). Add them to a large bowl.
- Add “caesar” mayo dressing to those potatoes and stir with a spatula to coat. Then take either a fork or potato masher to just mash it up a little bit. I like mine chunky but crushing up a few times helps keep it super creamy!
- Add in bacon and parsley and stir to coat then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- **** Great to make ahead! If you make it one day and eat it later, squeeze a little fresh lemon on it and stir before you eat it!