Bacon Kale Sweet Potato Toast
Bacon on my brain all day errrday! Yesterday I took over the Pederson’s Farms Instagram account and basically just cooked and ate bacon and sausage all day. It is a beautiful world isn’t it? You should totally check out my posts over there for some fun recipes exclusive to their page! My love for bacon runs DEEP and I firmly believe that if you don’t like kale, you definitely will once you have kale cooked with bacon. This Bacon Kale Sweet Potato Toast is great for any time of day. This is my, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack SPT. Throw an egg on it for a breakfast or add some chicken for a full lunch or dinner! But having it exactly how it is might be the best way to do it. 3 PM slump? YOU NEED THIS! Reason to get out of bed in the morning? BACON. Okay well there are more reasons but you get the picture.
Can you believe it’s already day 3 of SPT WEEK!? Are you having as much fun as I am? I have been loving all of your sweet potato toast creations and would love it if you made some and tagged me too! Other than SPT this week I am also starting to get into at home yoga!! I have always loved yoga but can’t get in a good rythym of doing it because its so expensive! But I just recently found out about the youtube channel Yoga with Adriene and am so excited to start doing some free yoga from the comfort of my home. After I hurt my back a few weeks ago I am trying to slow it down and stretch it out with my workouts which I am so happy about! I am really trying to learn how to listen to my body more and what it needs and yoga is such a great way to get in tune with that. I will be sure to let you know how that goes! For now let’s eat bacon and kale because balance is the key to life!
Simple is key and this baby couldn’t be easier! Reminder cause I know you’ll ask.. I use this ZHEN knife and it is AMAZING at cutting through a tough sweet tater!
You may have some leftover Kale after you make this recipe, so we added some links for you:
Pin this Bacon Kale Sweet Potato Toast for later!!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 large handfuls chopped kale
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Sprinkle of sea salt
Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is a little bit a browning on both sides.
Bacon Kale Mixture:
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and cook bacon in the pan.
- Once bacon is crispy, remove and chop then set aside.
- Then place put kale into the pan with the bacon grease and cook down just a bit to wilt, about 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Season with garlic powder and sea salt then add bacon pieces back in.
- Scoop on top of sweet potato toast!