Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats
After a wonderful weekend of wine tasting with some of besties from college, I started to think about all of the times my baking got us through the long days full of practice, class, and more practice. A staple that was always in my pantry was marshmallows and rice krispies. I could come up with a million reasons why these two should always be in your pantry, but here are a few.
- When you are about to run out the door to a friends and realize you have to bring something… 10 minutes later you are the hit of the party.
- When you are craving something sweet… a handful of marshmallows and a handful of krispies and you have yourself a personal sized treat.
- And most importantly… when you come home with your bf or friends at 2 in the morning and neeeeeeeeeeed something to eat…
All in all, Rice Kripsie Treats bring people together. So when I saw this rendition of the classic and knew I had all of the ingredients in my pantry, I whipped it together and it turned out to be amazing. Sometimes all you need is a fun weekend with friends to inspire you!
I learned so much about wine too… well maybe not a whole lot but I know chardonnay can be oakey and buttery… Don’t you just love butter? hmmmm okay I am once again getting off topic. First we have the line up!
Just like your basic Rice Krispie Treats, you start with melting butter. Then to make this extra special you add molassas, cinnamon, and salt.
Once that is melted, you add in a bag of mini marshmallows, stir occascially until melted, then take off heat and add vanilla. Then you just throw in 6 cups of Rice Krispies and stir until coated.
Then you pour this sinfully cinnamony mixture into a prepared 13×9 pan and press it down evenly with a greased sheet of wax paper.
See that party nail? Yeah I love the party nail! Anywho, just wait for those to cool a bit, then cut into 12 even pieces. Take each piece in your hands and round out the edges to make a circle shape.
While those cool completey, start on your cream cheese frosting. Now you can totally use an electric mixer for this, but I thought if the butter and cream cheese were soft enough, I could just do it by hand. I was also still in my work out clothes and thought I could totally burn the calories from the treats by getting an extra arm work out in. All this frosting was, was cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
Then I put the frosting in my trusty piping bag (you can use a ziploc bag and cut a corner off), and began frosting the treats in a spiral formation.
Then with a light dusting of cinnamon sugar, these beauties were ready to be devoured. Enjoy!Print
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp unsulphured molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Butter or Pam a 9×13 dish, set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in salt, molasses, and cinnamon. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows have completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Fold in Rice Krispies Cereal, stirring until coated. Pour Rice Krispie Treat mixture into prepared dish and press down evenly with buttered wax paper. Allow to cool several minutes, then cut while still slightly warm in 12 pieces. Using your hands, round edges of cut squares by cupping your hands around the edges and gently pressing. Allow to cool completely then pipe Cream Cheese Frosting over tops of Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats. Optional, dust the tops lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, using either an electric mixer or fork, whip together butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Place frosting in piping bag or in a ziploc bag with the corner cut off, and frost treats in a spiral formation.