Chocolate Orange Energy Balls
It’s been a hot minute since I posted an energy recipe and it’s crazy that I don’t have a chocolate orange energy ball recipe up here yet! Chocolate and orange is always a good combo but it reminds me of the holidays because we are big fans of those break apart chocolate oranges in our house. Matt always got one of them in his stocking growing up so I have continued that tradition for him and get one every year. A few years ago I didn’t get it for him until the day before Christmas I ran to target and they were all gone! Now I make sure to get it the first week of December and hide it until stocking stuffing time. Anyways, these energy balls are great plain for a snack and every better with some chocolate on them for a healthy dessert!
So easy and so good!!
Energy balls are the best thing to have in the freezer if you need a quick little something:
Pin the image below to save this chocolate orange energy ball recipe for later!Print
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Pinch of salt
- ½ c chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the almond & cashews to a food processor and pulse until nuts are the size of peas. Add the dates, cacao powder, orange zest & juice, water and salt and process on high until it comes together.
- If it is crumbly and not coming together add 1 tablespoon more of water. Once the ball has formed, scoop the mixture out and roll into balls. Place the balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator while you prep the chocolate.
- *Optional Chocolate Coating*
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave until melted. Once melted dip balls into chocolate and place back on cookie sheet
- Place in freezer until solid.