- 24 ounce PRE Chuck Roast
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (from a can)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (seeds removed)
- 1 cups beef or chicken broth/stock
- Salt and pepper
Mango Lime Salsa
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together chipotle powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground fennel, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the beef and rub it in with your hands to cover the whole thing.
- Place a dutch oven over medium high heat and add in olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add in the beef and brown on both sides (about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side)
- In a separate bowl combine onion, orange juice, lime juice, chopped tomatoes, chipotle peppers and stock or broth. Pour that mixture over the beef then cover the dutch oven and place in the oven for 3 hours.
- When the 3 hours is up, remove the beef from the pan and shred, then add back into the pan and toss to coat with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mango Lime Salsa:
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Scoop on top of beef in tacos!
- You can use a slow cooker instead of a dutch oven if preferred. Cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 6-8
- To make it spicier, add 1 tablespoon of chipotle powder instead of 1 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons of Chipotle peppers instead of 1!