BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
It’s cold. I like warm. I like summer, heaters and blankets. 45 degrees days are not supposed to happen in southern California. But thats why we turn to a special something I call soup. You probably call it that too. I love soup!! And this soup took probably a total of 30 minutes to make (including chopping!).
Onions & garlic.
Then stir in corn and chicken breast.
Once combined, add chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves.
Then let simmer for 5 minutes and you’re done!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 11 oz can corn, drained
- 2 12 oz cans of chicken breasts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in corn and chicken breast; mix to combine. Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve. Garnish each bowl with a fresh sprig of cilantro.
- Recipe from Picky Palate