Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts
A couple of weeks ago I made this quick side dish with dinner and got tons of requests for a recipe! The best part about recipes like this is that they barely even qualify as a recipe because it’s just so simple. But those are the best right? 4 ingredients. Bacon. Brussels Sprouts. Balsamic vinegar. Dijon mustard. You can find shaved brussels sprouts in bags at the store now which you can totally use in this for an even easier route. I sliced my brussels with the slicer attachment on my food processor or heck you could even just throw them in the food processor if you want. I am all about doing whatever you think is going to be easiest for you. This dish can probably be made with any veggie you like really! Bacon and brussels sprouts go well on just about anything and everything!
If you have someone in your family that is weary of vegetables like brussels sprouts, bacon is the way to make them love it. I swear my Bacon Garlic Kale made Matt love kale!! It just makes everything better and even just a little bacon can go a long way. This dish can also of course be made without bacon if you are into that… but bacon will make you actually scarf down vegetables… so why not?!
Pin the image below to save this Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts recipe for later!Print
- 4 strips of Bacon
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, ends chopped off and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and cook bacon. Once bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan but keep the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add sliced brussels sprouts to the grease and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- While brussels are cooking, combine balsamic vinegar and dijon in a small bowl.
- Add the balsamic mix to brussels and stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop bacon and add it to the mixture!
- You can use a store bought bag of shaved brussels sprouts or use a food processor with the slicer attachment to slice them!