Bacon Pineapple Veggie Fried Rice
With protein, veggies and grain this Bacon Pineapple Veggie Fried Rice has everything for a quick dinner or side dish.
Fried rice is one of my favorite weeknight meals to make that I know I can pack with veggies! My favorite way to do fried rice is to do half brown or white rice, and half cauliflower rice. The cauliflower gets easily hidden by the sauce and other rice that you can’t even tell it’s there! Then add more veggies with frozen peas and carrots – another weeknight win. This Bacon Pineapple Veggie Fried Rice has every component you need for a family friendly meal you can feel good about.
- Cauliflower rice
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Cooked rice
- Coconut aminos
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
You can’t have fried rice without a taste main dish, we have a few delicious ones for you to try:
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or basmati)
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and let it warm.
- Cook bacon until crispy, chop and set aside.
- To the bacon grease, add cauliflower rice, peas & carrots and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until the frozen veggies have warmed.
- Then add in the cooked rice and pineapple and stir to combine. Season with a pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Use a spatula to make a well in the center of the rice mixture and add the eggs to the well and scramble them in that circle. Once the eggs are cooked, stir everything together.
- Add in coconut aminos, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir to combine evenly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste!
- To make it truly paleo you can leave out peas and swap for chopped green beans.