2 Ingredient Protein Crepes
Protein! but better yet, Protein Crepes! Oh how I love thee. I think women are sometimes afraid of eating too much protein thinking they will “bulk up”. This is soooo untrue. Now I am no expert or anything but I have read a lot about this and it makes sense! If you are working out a lot, your body needs protein in order for your muscles to rebuild properly. Also, protein keeps you fuller longer so that will obviously keep you from snacking too much! I just think it is great and am always looking for ways to add it to my diet without only eating lots of meat. Matt and I have been making those protein pancakes with egg and banana for awhile but I thought, why not try crepes?! Well they would have to be thin and not lumpy so banana wouldn’t work. SO why not just add egg whites with protein powder?! And wow. These turn out so tasty and sweet because of the protein, and low fat because of the egg white! I added strawberries to mine which we so tasty and fresh, and maybe sprinkled a tiny bit of powdered sugar because I was feeling crazy. Now I must disclaim that these should be eaten immediately after making them! They are so so tasty while fresh but let them sit out for 5 minutes and they get progressively drier and harder. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Toppings for Protein Crepes:
- Cashew butter & banana
- Peanut butter and a couple chocolate chips
- Raspberries & blueberries with a squeeze of lemon juice
- Yogurt with a drizzle of honey + fruit
Now cut to these beauties!! >>> Protein Crepes!
They fold perfectly!
Thanks to the hubby for sprinkling that sugar so perfectly! Best Protein Crepe Topper around!
YUM! You should make these asap!
These crepes are so easy and only have 2 ingredients, eggs & Protein powder. So when we think about the nutrition of this recipe, let’s just say it is very high in protein and low in carbohydrates. Eggs are a whole protein source and protein powder as well. You definitely are going to get a hearty serving of protein from this recipe to start out your day in the morning if you eat for breakfast, so adding a fruit filling is a great way to eat these crepes so you are more balanced. These Protein Crepes would also be a great post work out recovery meal! Who said you have to eat lots of meat to get enough protein?Print
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop (30 grams) vanilla protein powder
- Place a non stick skillet over medium high heat. In a bowl combine egg whites and protein powder and whisk until protein powder is dissolved. Scoop about 1/2 of the mixture (if using an 8 inch pan) or 1/3 of the mix if using a smaller pan, into the pan and rotate pan around so the batter spreads thin. Cook until the bottom is lightly browned and flip it over to cook through.
- **Note – I used EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder, Vanilla Cream (100 calories a servings)