Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
Yes yes two pumpkin recipes in a row, I KNOW! But I thought of this recipe and once I thought of it I had to try and make them and once I made them, well I had to share. It is insane that a combination of pumpkin, spices, instant coffee and white chocolate chips can combine into something so magical. I also am in full fall baking mode now that it’s officially fall (don’t remind me that it’s 85 degrees still), so be prepared for all the healthier treats coming your way. I also have plans for apples and pecans to make an appearance soon so don’t get too scared if you aren’t a pumpkin fan. Matt somehow doesn’t love the pumpkin spice train so these cookies have been all mine and I am not complaining.
I am so glad I create these healthier baked goods because Ruthie is my little assistant and taste tester lately and it makes me happy knowing she is getting good ingredients in her treats. And she is brutally honest if something is good or not which always keeps me humble.
Ingredients for pumpkin spice latte cookies
You might be surprised with the additions of instant coffee, pumpkin and white chocolate chips but it comes together to make the most perfect fall cookie.
- Pumpkin puree
- Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Old Fashion Oats
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Instant Coffee
- Pumpkin Pie Spices
- Sea Salt
- White chocolate chips
Tips to remember while baking
- Butter should be slightly softened to ensure that it combines with the coconut sugar, whip in the mixer for at least 3-5 minutes
- Make sure you use pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix, they are different things
- Oats, almond flour, baking soda, instant coffee, pumpkin pie spices and salt should be mixed in a separate bowl before adding it to the dough, this ensures that it gets distributed evenly.
- Use a large spoon to fold the white chocolate chips into the dough
- If you have time you can chill your dough in the fridge for 30 min before baking, you can also wrap dough and pop it in the freezer for a later time.
We love all cookies no matter the time of year, so here are a few others for you to try:
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cups coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and coconut sugar in a mixer on med speed, mix for 3-5 min.
- Add pumpkin and egg and mix well, add vanilla and continue to mix.
- Thenl add in the oats, almond flour, baking soda, instant coffee, spices and salt and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 24 cookies between 2 baking sheets and bake for 10-12 min or until done!
- *I used Lily’s white chocolate chips!