These sedimentary cookies are about to change your life!! You might be asking, why are they called sedimentary cookies?! Well that’s a good question. These are my gluten free and dairy free dupe of the Trader Joe’s “It’s Sedimentary my dear Cookie” cookie mix that comes out around the holidays! They are this amazing cookie mix that has oats, peanut butter, coffee and m&ms. So I made my own version that dare I say is even better than the TJs version.
They are the perfect amount of chewy with the best flavor ever. They are for sure my new go to recipe I will bring to events and friends houses… That is of course when we start do that stuff again! I am for sure going to make them to bring to my mom’s house to watch the super bowl this weekend so you should probably do that too. These are one of those recipes I made and from the first bite knew they would be a staple recipe in our family. They are just so filled with good flavor – who knew peanut butter and coffee would go really well together?
This cookie dough is also really delicious of course!
How to make sedimentary cookies
Do you have a bowl and a spoon? Then you can make these sedimentary cookies, they come together incredibly easy.
- You will need to pre heat the oven to 350 degrees before you start mixing all the ingredients
- In. large bowl mix together an egg slightly beaten, melted ghee, vanilla, peanut butter, coconut sugar. Give this a good mix to make sure the egg and ghee is mixed in throughly.
- Next add your almond flour, quick oats, arrowroot powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt. With a large spoon mix all the ingredients together, be sure to not over mix.
- Once you have mixed the dough you can add the candy coated chocolates or wait until you have scooped the dough into balls and place the candies on-top. Each option works great.
- Dough will make 12 ball of cookies, place on cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 min. Check your cookies to ensure they do not burn.
These cookies are sure to hit the spot, but if not we have a few more recipes for you to try:
Pin the image below to save this Sedimentary Cookies recipe for later!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup of candy coated chocolates or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine egg, vanilla, ghee, peanut butter and coconut sugar and stir to combine.
- Add in almond flour, oats, arrowroot powder, instant coffee, baking soda, salt and candies and stir until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, scoop cookies into 12 dough balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. (9 minutes for slightly doughy, 11 for more cooked)
- coconut oil can be used instead of ghee.
- regular oats can be used instead of quick oats.