Pear Cranberry & Hazelnut Crumble
Thanksgiving is in just a few days and I had to get one more recipe to you before then! This Pear Cranberry & Hazelnut Crumble is so delicious and full of nutrient dense ingredients like whole wheat flour, almond flour, pears, cranberries and hazelnuts. The combination of the ingredients is just perfection and I can’t wait for you to try it! This would be great for thanksgiving or really any holiday gathering or just a plain ol thursday night.
I want to get this recipe out ASAP so I will just leave it at that. ENJOY!
This recipe came to fruition when we wanted to use seasonal fruits in a pie but did not want the heavy stuffed feeling you get with a traditional pie. This crumble uses pears and cranberries combined with some spices to extract the juices and topped with a hazelnut almond flour topping to give it a nice light finish. This crumble can be make the day before and warmed up for the big event or baked the same day. Top it with your favorite whipped cream to complete the perfect serving.
- Coconut sugar
- Cornstarch or Arrowroot
- Lemon juice
- Almond flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Butter or vegan butter
If you have some leftover pears, cranberries or hazelnuts here are a few other treats to try:
Pin the image below to save this Pear, Cranberry & Hazelnut Crumble recipe for later!
- 2 lbs pear, about 4, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅓ c coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ c whole wheat flour
- ¼ c coconut sugar
- ½ c hazelnuts chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tbsp butter or vegan butter chopped
- Preheat oven to 350, spray an 8X8 pan or deep dish pie plate.
- Combine pears, cranberries, coconut sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and nutmeg, set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, chopped hazelnut and salt.
- Chop butter into cubes.
- Add both dry ingredients and butter into the food processor until crumbly and the butter is just about the size of a pea.
- Pour filling ingredients into dish and make sure its spread evenly.
- Top with the flour and butter mixture covering completely .
- Bake for 40-50 min.
- Remove when top is golden brown with some bubbling on the edges.