PB & J Nice Cream Bites
The perfect summer time dessert or mix it up with any fruit you have on hand, these PB & J Nice Cream Bites are just right.
The warm weather lately has been giving me so much life and putting a pep in my step! So of course I immediately start drinking more smoothies and making nice cream. If you haven’t heard of nice cream its basically just fruit that is blended and frozen into ice cream form! I love to make it into bites on a little crust made from nuts and dates. So of course I had to take my favorite California Giant Berry Farm Strawberries and blend them with banana and peanut butter and pour it over a peanut butter cookie crust! Could anything really be better?
When I was making these I had some extra nice cream in the food processor so I gave it to ruthie and she devoured it!! Then I realized I hadn’t given her strawberry chunks yet so I chopped up some for her and she was obsessed. Now that Ruth is in school and has had a cold and an ear infection in the first 2 months, I am really trying to make sure her immunity is on point. Did you know strawberries have tons of Vitamin C? They do! Between that and the fact that they have fiber and antioxidants, they are the perfect snack for kiddos and adults alike. So if that doesn’t make you want to run out to the store and grab some Cal Giant Berries, I don’t know what will! Okay maybe making these PB & J Nice Cream Bites?
- Almond flour
- Medjool dates
- Peanut butter/ Almond butter
- Frozen banana
The best part about these PB & J Nice Cream Bites
- You can mix nearly any fruit with the frozen bananas for the nice cream
- No oven needed so its perfect for warm months
- You can use regular muffin tins or mini muffin tins, both work great
- Any nut butter will work
Nice Cream is sooo easy to make and the perfect dessert, here are a few more recipes:
This post is sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms but all views are 100% my own!
Pin the image below to save these PB & J Nice Cream Bites recipe for later!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped & frozen
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- In a food processor combine almond flour, dates, peanut butter and a pinch of salt. Process for a few minutes until the dates break down. Add water and process again until it comes together. Scoop dough in rounded teaspoon sized balls and press them into mini muffin tins. Place them in the freezer to set up.
- Then to a food processor, add frozen bananas, strawberries and peanut butter and blend until it is completely smooth.
- Fill the rest of each mini muffin tin with the nice cream and then place them back in the freezer to harden.
- Once frozen, use a knife to help get the bites out of the tin and store them in a freezer ziplock bag in the freezer!