Mini Strawberry Nice Cream Cookie Cups
Hey guys, it’s Kendra here from Paleo Paparazzi! I am so excited to be guest posting on Little Bits of Real Food today! Kelsey is such a ray of sunshine in this blogging world but i’m sure you probably already know that if you’re a regular around here! I can’t wait for Kelsey’s little bundle of joy to arrive, it could happen any day now so it’s time to give her a much needed break so she can soak in all the magic!
So let’s get into this super simple and yummy summer treat I’ve created just for you! I wanted to create a recipe that I could see Kelsey making on her own and posting for you here and these Mini Strawberry Nice Cream Cookie Cups were the first thing that came to mind! It reminded me of her Blueberry Banana Nice Cream Tart. I know she is a fan of Nice Cream too, so I though it was the perfect fit!
I absolutely love whipping up a batch of Nice Cream whenever I can. It’s a great way to use up ripe bananas, tastes delicious and is a healthier “Ice Cream” option! If you’ve never made Nice Cream/Banana Ice Cream before, you’re in for a treat! All you need are frozen ripe banana chunks, a little dairy free milk and a few whirls in a food processor. The liquid helps to make the blending process go a little smoother so you don’t burn up the motor on your food processor, we don’t want that to happen! I love adding in other frozen fruits and mix ins to create different flavor combinations. You can add in frozen mangos, raspberries, coco powder, nut butters and so much more! Today we’re adding in some strawberries, they go great with chocolate and cookies, and then we will freeze it to use later for the final steps of the recipe.
I hope you guys make these yummy treats and love them as much as my family does! Also, be sure to check out my site Paleo Paparazzi for more fun and clean treats! I have a recipe for S’mores Mini Cookie Cups that is similar to this and perfect for summer too!
- 7 pitted medjool dates
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 4 frozen chopped bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, shaken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh raspberries
- Mini chocolate chips
For the Strawberry Nice Cream:
- Add chopped banana & half of the milk into your food processor & blend until it starts to become creamy.
- Add in strawberries and the rest of the milk and keep blending. Stop every once in a while to break up clumps as you go until smooth and creamy, like soft serve ice cream.
- Pour into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze for a few hours, until solid enough to scoop into cookie cups.
For the Mini Cookie Cups:
- Grease bottom of a mini muffin tin and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make cookie cups, in medium bowl, beat egg and mix in wet ingredients.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until cookie dough forms.
- Press about 1 tbsp. cookie dough onto the back of the mini muffin tin, molding 12 cookie cups. Wet hands if needed to smooth out the dough and bake for aprox. 10-12 minutes-until edges have browned.
- Let cookies cool on pan until safe to handle. Wiggle each one gently from side to side to remove or slide a knife around the edge to help release. Place cookie cups on wire rack to cool. While waiting for them to cool, make your chocolate drizzle.
For the Chocolate drizzle:
- To make chocolate filling/drizzle, melt a few handfuls of chocolate chips in the microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring after each until completely smooth and melty.
- Pour chocolate into cookie cups (about 1/2 full).
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop a small amount of the strawberry nice cream on top. Drizzle a bit of chocolate on top & serve immediately. If not serving right away, store in the freezer & thaw for a few mins. before serving.