Paleo Gingerbread Banana Bread
It’s here!!! I made this a few weeks ago and was SO blown away with how freakin tasty it was. I even gave my mom a slice and she was a fan! I say that in an amazed way because she doesn’t always love paleo treats. But she said you couldn’t tell it was grain free – WIN! When I think Gingerbread I think GINGER, so getting the right spice level on this was key. I made one batch with chocolate chips and not enough ginger and you couldn’t even tell it was gingerbread. So I ditched the chocolate chips and added a killer crumb topping – a necessity when making banana bread in my book. Oh and just because I am a team player I tried this bread at breakfast, lunch, snack time and for dessert, and it works with any of them!
Tis the season for all of the baked goods and my house has turned full on Christmas mode. The tree is up, the poinsettias are placed and lights cover our living room and kitchen. So that means it’s time to bake and fill your house with the most delicious smells. Deal? COOL! Eat it with your coffee, eat it after a workout, or eat it WHENEVER YOU DANG PLEASE! Just make it and eat it would ya?
The crumb top is where it’s at folks.
Here are a few more links to some loaf recipes;
Pin this Paleo Gingerbread Banana Bread to save it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 4 tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (look for gluten free to make paleo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine your bananas, molasses, eggs, and nut butter, and ghee in a high powdered blender or food processor and mix well.
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, grated ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well.
- Pour your batter in a 8×4-5 inch loaf pan that has been greased with oil spray.
- Make your topping by combining all of the topping ingredients in a bowl and mix with your fingers until it looks like a mix of pebbles and sand. Pour the topping over the batter and spread it out evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.